Thursday 24 May 2012

Avid Bingo Player Celebrates 106th Birthday

An avid bingo player celebrated her 106th birthday in style by doing her favourite thing- playing bingo. Gladys Wright from Scunthorpe still makes sure she goes to the Westcliff community centre to play bingo twice a week. Gladys obviously has no intention of slowing down as she said, "It is strange being 106 and I can't believe it, I go to play bingo on a Tuesday and Thursday and I was there on Thursday.. I have been going ever since it opened and I have got a lot of friends there."


(photo: thisisscunthorpe.co.uk)


Unfortunately Gladys didn't win the full house but she was presented with a bouquet of flowers and said she'd had a lovely day. A very happy birthday Gladys!

For the latest Bingo news visit BallsUp Bingo's news page at Ballsupbingo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment